Becoming an individual member
- What are the benefits of being a HRMA member?
Please refer to Member Benefits.
- Do I have to be an HR professional to join?
You do not have to be an HR professional to join. In addition to HR professionals, our membership includes consultants, lawyers, instructors, students and professionals from a variety of other disciplines.
- How long does it take to become a member?
Once you are logged into your online profile, it is easy to purchase a membership from the Online Store. Member benefits will begin immediately upon receipt of membership payment. Submission of a manual membership application form requires three business days for processing
- Is there a membership discount for students?
Student member rates are available to part-time or full-time students enrolled in an undergraduate program including HR courses. Students in a Masters program do not qualify for the student rate. Applications for student membership must include proof of enrolment and expected completion date.
- What is considered proof of enrolment?
We require an unofficial transcript or letter from your school confirming your current registration in the educational institution and enrolment in a qualifying program. All documentation must include your name, program and course details, including your expected completion date.
- Do I have to be a member to attend a mingle?
No, you do not have to be a member, however non-members are charged a nominal fee to attend. This is a good opportunity to network with our members.
Maintaining my individual membership
- When does my membership come up for renewal?
Your membership comes up for renewal every year on the anniversary of your join date.
- How do I renew my membership?
You can renew your membership through My Transactions in your online profile. You can also renew by phone, fax or mail once you receive your renewal notice.
- How do I make changes to my online profile?
Log in and click on My Information and then click on Edit.
- Where can I find my HRMA payment invoices?
All payment invoices are stored in your online profile. Log in and click on My Transactions.
- I am moving. Can I transfer my membership to another HR Association?
Your membership is NOT transferable across provincial associations. Your CHRP status can be transferred to your membership in another provincial association. Please review the CHRP Policies for more information.
- Can an employer transfer a membership from one employee to another?
Yes, as long as the first employee permits the transfer. Memberships are held by individuals, not companies.
- Do you provide a membership directory?
Our directory is online and accessible only to members. The directory is searchable and lists members by name and company.
- Can you verify information about a member?
HRMA does not give out information about its members. Members have access to each other’s contact information via the member directory, although they are strictly forbidden from using this information for marketing purposes.
Become a member today!